When it comes to cleaning a hotel room , there are numerous factors that must be taken into account. On the one hand we can not forget that this cleaning task is of the utmost importance for the positive assessment of the accommodation, once the client leaves the room.
Nowadays in the sectors such as catering and accommodation a good review in social networks is becoming very important, therefore the cleaning service has to avoid any possible complaint, which could damage the reputation of the accommodation.
What should be the first impression when entering a hotel room?
When guests enter the room assigned to them, they expect to find a clean, uncluttered space as if it were brand new, so the cleaning tasks of the floor maids and housekeeper, are to try that no corner of the space has samples of dirt, we must not avoid the detail, for that of the always more and the experience of the stay.
How to clean a hotel room?
To get a thorough cleaning of a hotel room , we must bear in mind that the next client entering through the door must have the feeling that the space is totally new, to optimize the time it is advisable to perform all the tasks provided with the same order, in this way we will never forget any corner and all the cleaning tasks will be done. In case of having different cleaning departments in the hotel, the work will be better done the greater the connection between these departments, in these departments or areas we can find laundry, linen and management.
Knowing this, it is time to start listing the list of in-depth room cleaning tasks for accommodations.
Before this we must remember that for this task the personnel involved will be, cleaning equipment, floor maids, governess and maintenance team.
Cleaning a hotel room Step by step
- The first thing to do when cleaning a hotel room is to knock on the door, to avoid being surprised by customers, creating an uncomfortable situation. In case it is known with certainty that the client has checked out, they will enter the room without knocking on the door. Although you have the feeling that to get a job as a chambermaid, it is not necessary to know languages, the truth is that in case the client is in the room and does not answer when knocking on the door, the situation will be less uncomfortable if it dominates the client’s language, and comments that it has been a misunderstanding.
- Leave the door open, so that there is proof that the room is being cleaned and thus not generate distrust in the other guests, who can see at all times how the employees perform their cleaning tasks. This generates in the face of the client sincerity and trust.
- Place a cleaning notice on the door.
- Once inside the space to be cleaned, all the windows will be opened to perform the ventilation of the place correctly, as well as good lighting to check the cleanliness.
- Place guests’ clothes. On numerous occasions when trying to clean a hotel room, we find clothes for customers in the areas to be cleaned, in this situation the first thing we must do is place it as it is in a place where it does not impede our task, in the end of the cleaning we will put it back where it was.
- Collect any waste of the clients that are in sight, for example garbage, in case of forgotten objects we will have to warn the reception so that it notifies the client and deposit the piece in lost objects. Place a new garbage bag in the spaces that need it.
- Clean the dust of the entire room.
- Check the electrical appliances, to see if they are in correct operation, as well as the bulbs. In case of any failure notify the maintenance service, or technicians.
- How to clean the bathroom of a hotel room? It is recommended to start by cleaning the bathroom, so we give time for the room to be fully ventilated and also the mattress. First we will clean the tiles using a wet scrubber, so that the surface is not scratched. After this we will apply a disinfectant product to achieve a deep hygiene, especially in the toilet, and thus eliminate germs. The bathtub, screen and washbasin will be cleaned with special products, recommended those anti-scale. We will clean mirrors, faucets and other metallic elements. Finally before leaving the space, we must place towels, amenities and place garbage bags, toilet paper, hand soap dispenser in it, etc.
- Make the bed. For this we will follow this procedure step by step. First we will remove sheets and pillow cases. After this we will change the sheets and move the mattress turning it around, if this task is difficult you can ask for help, since mattresses usually weigh. We will place the bed linen, that is, sheets, quilts and pillowcases, remember that it always has to be the right lingerie to the size of the bed, neither bigger nor smaller that is tight and comes off with the first movement of the client. The pillows have to be well stretched and molded. Do not forget that the clothes must be clean and ironed. Inside the cleaning work of a hotel room , the bed is very important, since it is practically what you see the most.
- Clean bedside tables, if it is of any material such as wood or iron, use specific cleaning products for these surfaces. Also check that there are no objects in the drawers.
- Ventilate the closet and, if necessary, vacuum the interior.
- Clean windows and windows , remember to use a special cloth and dry at the end to avoid a bad finish.
- Aspirate the floor, if it is carpeted, use specific products to clean carpets or carpets, if you do not consider how to clean each type of floor.
- Mop the floor. Remember to use specific products for the soil material and change the water at least every two rooms, to prevent dirty water from generating bad odors. Scrub from the inside out.
- Before finishing scrubbing, check doors to avoid fingerprints or verify that they work correctly.
- Check the entrance door, to see that its operation is correct and does not need maintenance.