The ships and the factories carry out a series of production activities that are really important for the processes of a society. We can find different types of factories and ships and each of them require different cleaning and disinfection processes. In this article we will analyze what are the different processes of cleaning ships Industrials that require these depending on the sector in which they work.
What is the cleaning of ships?
The cleaning of industrial enclosures is included within the concept of industrial cleaning. This refers to the set of procedures and methods aimed at controlling hygiene and the proper functioning of industrial production. Healthiness in warehouses and factories requires a series of processes that have become relevant today to ensure the situation of workers and their safety. Industrial cleaning is based on cleaning processes as well as disinfection processes on a regular basis. These processes require a prior disinfection and then a deep cleaning of the dirt. It is done in this order since the disinfection reduces a part of existing dirt and the cleaning products cannot disinfect in their entirety.
Types of industrial buildings
You can find four types of industrial buildings according to their structure. Another way to categorize them is according to their industrial activity.
Importance of industrial cleaning in warehouses and factories
- Ships with steel structures: These are ships that thanks to their metallic structure have been built quickly and easily. This structure offers them more lighted and larger spaces.
- Prefabricated concrete buildings: They are quick to assemble as they have a series of pieces manufactured beforehand and that only require assembly. The cleaning in them is one of the simplest since you do not have to use extendable machines to reach all the heights.
- Conventional concrete ships: Constructed in a conventional manner and this causes its construction to be more durable. This is the construction of a building so the cleaning is more intensive because you can create several plants within the same ship.
- Mixed ships: This style of ship combines the structures of the concrete with those of the steel to be able to choose the best characteristics of both. They are the most common ships.
The cleaning of factories and warehouses is really necessary to ensure the care of the machinery of industrial processes and all its parts. The better and more in depth the cleaning, the longer the machines will last, saving money and improving the production processes and profits of the company.
On the other hand, the working conditions of a factory are not the same conditions found in an office. Working with machines will always be more harmful to workers. Thus, the cleaning of warehouses influences the work environment of the workers and generates positive conditions for them. These are places where there is a high rate of occupational risk and a prevention of occupational hazards is required.
To ensure safety and hygiene in warehouses and factories it is necessary to make a risk prevention designed by a professional in the field. Cleaning companies in industrial warehouses usually have these services. To do this, the effects of the machinery on workers’ health must be evaluated and then the machinery or technology that has the least risk on the worker must be selected.
Some of these factories and warehouses work with toxic substances that are really dangerous for employees. Lead can become toxic when handling minerals or paints. In laboratories, mercury can be manipulated. Other agents that can affect the health of employees are the biological agents with bacteria, fungi, viruses and microbes; the particles and the physical agents.
General characteristics of the cleaning of ships and factories
Machines for the cleaning of ships and factories
- In general, the cleaning of industrial spaces entails two processes: cleaning and disinfection.
- Factories and workplaces have to comply with a minimum of hygienic conditions through cleaning.
- The cleaning products are usually industrial chlorine, trichlor, disinfectants, multipurpose and degreasers.
- Some factories have equipment with pressure washers and vacuum cleaners.
- The cleaning of industrial spaces requires prior planning in order to ensure its correct execution.
- It can not affect the production of the ship or factory.
The machines that are used for sanitation of ships are divided into two large groups according to what is the energy they require for its operation.
The manuals are not powered and are those used in a conventional way by the worker. They do not produce noise or smoke; they are lighter than those that work with electrical energy; they are economical and do not pollute. Meanwhile, those that are used connected to the electric power offer greater freedom of movement and more perfected results thanks to the help of the machine.
For example, when sweeping you can choose whether to use a conventional brush or an electric or gasoline powered sweeper. In the case of cleaning a warehouse, it is much more usual to use automatic ones because they collect any type of waste and accumulate it. At the same time, they cover more space than if it were done manually, so the companies responsible for industrial cleaning use this type of machinery.
Professional vacuum cleaners are also designed to clean ships thanks to their ability to vacuum both dust and liquid substances. Its power is much higher than that of domestic vacuum cleaners.
Business services to clean ships
- Cleaning of machinery.
- Optimization of the resources of the factories.
- Comprehensive cleaning of all manufacturing processes and creation in the different ships.
- Analysis of the situation of workers and if there is any danger that is harmful to their health.
- Cleaning of buildings and plants.
- Management of the different waste through the conditioning and its travel. Subsequently, an assessment and transport to the landfill is carried out.
- Cleaning of possible sanitation networks and stopping leaks.
- Technical cleaning under hydrodynamic processes in surfaces, heaters, pipes, tanks or cooling towers.
- Cleaning with the use of professional vacuum cleaners for all types of industrial liquids and deposits of chemical products.
- Cleaning with professional vacuum cleaners for the collection of solid products such as silos, ashes or cement.
- Chemical cleaning in refrigeration processes and surface treatment.
Cleaning of livestock buildings
Andre Harrell evenly coats floor drains with chlorine foam before scrubbing debris off surfaces during a cleaning and sanitation workshop held by WSTFA at a Yakima valley packing house in July. (TJ Mullinax/Good Fruit Grower)
The sanitation of livestock buildings is really important due to the food production they have. In them there is a constant entry of pathogens that can cause an infectious disease. In the humid zones fungi can grow and appear bacteria that multiply or survive if an important organic matter exists. In the last 20 years the need for a very special and regulated cleaning in this type of warehouses and factories began to be created. Bio security consists of a set of measures that prevent the entry of these pathogens in livestock buildings. These methods are based on cleaning and disinfection.
Cleaning can be done dry or wet. The main places with danger and that require an intensive cleaning are the fans and the air intakes and the beds or the cages where there is manure of the animals. These elements must be thoroughly cleaned with high pressure water in the outer area of the factory. Later the disinfection of these materials of the cattle factory takes place. In the interior you have to vacuum and remove dust and dirt from the ceilings. On the other hand, disinfection is a process that eliminates pathogenic microorganisms with chemical or physical agents.
Cleaning of industrial buildings
The cleaning of industrial premises
can be applied to all those ships that carry out an industrial activity. Usually these ships are formed by several areas with offices, workshops and warehouses. They are quite large and have a very large surface in which to apply different intensive cleaning techniques. The warehouse area is where more cleaning is usually required, but it depends on the activities of the company. The machinery is usually composed of dry vacuum sweepers and scrubbing machines. These machines are used to completely remove solid waste such as grease stains, remains of cement, dirt and dust that may be on the floor of the ships.
In the factories it is required to maintain all work and production areas in the correct conditions within the cleaning. It is very common to find small leaks of oil or fuel so it is necessary to clean it thoroughly and when this happens it is necessary to alert the department or the company in charge of the maintenance of the machinery of the factory. The floors must be cleaned on a daily basis since it usually accumulates a lot of dust. Some cleaning techniques in factories is the blowpipe with compressed air and manual equipment.
Cleaning of pharmaceutical warehouses
In the same way as the other warehouses and factories, the production halls of the pharmaceutical industry that have laboratories require certain procedures to control the presence of microorganisms: cleaning and disinfection. In this case, disinfection consists in the destruction of harmful microorganisms through chemical substances.
Cleaning of graphic factories
The graphic arts industry requires special attention to cleanliness due to the image and the quality of the product. Highlights among other types of cleaning by the use of inks and materials that are considered toxic waste.